I have made my goal of running 1,000 miles in one year. When I started in January I had not enrolled myself in the idea of running 62 miles. All I wanted to do was run around LBJ Lake and rack up the miles so that I could say that I ran 1,000 miles. Well much to my surprise I have made a lot of discoveries and friends along the way to running 1,000 miles in 2008.
- Running on rocky trails is like feeling the force with a light saber in your hand and your eyes blindfolded.
- Rocky trails are natures way of giving you the ultimate chance to do ballet tap dance and jazz all at once.
- You can learn a lot about people by running two or three hours with them on a trail.
- If you do not fuel your body on a long run the brain is the first thing to get cut off on energy.
- I can run for over 8 hours but my Garmin 405’s battery can not.
For me setting goals is more about how I am being on the way to the goal instead of reaching the goal. I did not drag myself through 1,000 miles of running dreading the last 200 miles. Last night I ran at night in Cedar Park. I ran a 1.53 mile loop on Nelson Ranch Loop and enjoyed it. I ran a slow lap at about 10 minutes per mile then a fast lap at 8:30 minute mile. This was a 90 minute training run with no distance in the purpose. I enjoyed running for the sake of running. I ran 8.39 miles in 82 minutes.